Return to Play Update for our Bearcat Families, News (Belleville Bearcats Hockey)

PrintNews Article
Click to view full-size image
Return to Play Update for our Bearcat Families
Submitted By Lynn Thibedeau on Mon 01 25, 21
Dear Bearcat Families,

The Belleville Bearcat Executive would like to extend our thanks for the support and patience our Bearcat families have demonstrated over the last several weeks as we, together with all minor hockey associations in Belleville, were forced to halt our Return to Play.

We are still waiting on full guidance from the City of Belleville and Hastings and Prince Edward Public Health as to exact details of the go forward guidelines for Belleville facilities. We anticipate based on the current provincial lockdown that if restrictions are lifted on February 16th as anticipated we will have our players back on the ice. 

Our Bearcat Ice Scheduler is working with our facility partners to update our ice schedules going forward once things open up. At this point in time we do not have any further information as to when we will be able to get players back on the ice but we are doing all we can to ensure we are ready when this happens. At this time, we will be in touch with your coach and managers to work any schedule updates and ask for your understanding and cooperation as we work through this process.

We are anticipating further clarification in the upcoming weeks and will communicate timelines with you as they are shared with us. We know this uncertainty isn’t easy and this season has been challenging for everyone as we navigate our way through this unprecedented time. The Bearcat Association has always focused on building great team experiences – and we can continue to be strong within our teams to make the most out of what we can do, keep everyone safe, and do what it takes to get the game we love back on track.   

Please continue to visit our website for continued updates at

Yours in Girl’s hockey,

Update from the City of Belleville:
Based on this new announcement the closure of the QSWC will be extended until February 16th, 2021. 
If all goes well and we get the approval we are planning on re-opening on Tuesday, February 16th, 2021.
This article has been viewed 1015 times.
News ArchiveOther Recent Articles
Printed from on Friday, May 27, 2022 at 8:18 PM